When candidates are considering joining your company, there are a lot of things at stake for them to make that change. Sure, I know your company is awesome. I know that your product/service is stellar. I know that you have great people on the team. Etc., etc., etc. But, even though you have a lot to offer, I recommend that when hiring a candidate to fill positions at your company, think about what will be important to people who are considering joining your company.
Sometimes we get so busy running the company in management paint that we forget about other people don’t know who we are, or what the company is all about. I recommend that you take some time to think about what makes your company a great place to work. Compile a list of things that you can reference when speaking to potential new hires.
Some things to consider when compiling this list of reasons why someone should join your company:
- How long your company has been in business.
- What products or service does your company offer the market place.
- What are the dynamics of your team.
- What do the team members individually offer to the team and to a new person joining.
- The benefits.
- Extra perks.
- Time off, vacation time, sick time, etc.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Maternity and paternity leave.
What are ways that your company is awesome and would be attractive to potential candidates?