Insights about DEI and Colorism – Part Two
Join me and guest expert Dr. Sarah L. Webb as she helps us to understand more about DEI and colorism.
As a leader, it’s important that you understand what DEI is and how colorism plays its part in the diversity, equality and inclusion conversation.
In Part One of this 2-part podcast, we cover the following:
* What colorism is and an example of it
* What DEI is and how colorism plays into it.
* How the term colorism is raising awareness
* And some of the ways organizations are struggling with this issue
In Part Two of this 2-part podcast, we cover the following:
* How colorism is part of why we are not making more progress with racial justice and equity.
* How recognizing the personal privileges and biases we all have helps us improve our relationships and our position in the social fabric.
* Accepting that we are not individually responsible for racism and extending that compassion from ourselves to others.
* And that while race is a social construct, skin tone is a biological fact with socially constructed meanings.
Bio on Dr. Sarah L. Webb:
Dr. Sarah L. Webb is the founder of Colorism Healing, a global leader in raising awareness, shifting attitudes, and taking action to address colorism with corporate, consumer, and community strategies. For more information and to connect with Dr. Webb, please go to ColorismHealing.com.
Ready to level up as a leader and make a difference for your career and your team? Contact us today to discuss options for coaching and training so you can become the leader everyone wants to work for.