Learn from others mistakes… don’t ruin your reputation in an interview. Adding to the first post on ruining your reputation in an interview, here are more things for managers to avoid while conducting interviews:
- Have food in your teeth.
- Tell off colored jokes.
- Complain about your former employees.
- Show up late.
- Don’t polish shoes.
- Use foul language.
- Provide too short of answers to every question.
- Lacking examples of how the team works together.
- Don’t have thought out answers to commonly asked questions.
- Don’t know anything about the candidate.
Other than not getting the best candidates, why do you think it’s important to watch what you say and do in an interview?